Don't these keto chicken tenders look tasty?? My husband usually turns his nose up at baked chicken tenders, but I finally, FINALLY created one that he actually loves, and the best part is that they are low carb!
To get the best crisp on both sides of these oven-baked lovelies, you'll need a broiling rack to place on top of the baking sheet. This will allow air to get to the bottom of all the keto chicken strips as they bake. If you don't have one, though, don't worry. They'll still be delicious, just extra crispy on top! I even turn the broiler on for the last few minutes to get an extra toast on them, if you are looking for other keto recopies to try at home, check this delicious keto cake recipe.
The breading on these keto chicken tenders is made with a flavorful mixture of Parmesan, almond flour, and some spices. The almond flour adds a nice nuttiness to the flavor while keeping the carbs in check. They're such an easy low carb dinner idea!
Serve it up alongside some green veggies and your favorite low carb dipping sauces. Enjoy!Print
Keto Friendly Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a broiling rack on top (see notes). Set aside.
- If needed, trim the chicken tenders and pat dry with a paper towel. Mix together the Parmesan cheese, almond flour, parsley, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a flat-bottomed container. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs with the milk.
- Dip the tenders into the egg mixture, let the excess drip off, then drop each side into the flour mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the tenders.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If you want some extra crisp, switch the oven over to broil for the last few minutes of cook time.
- Serve with your favorite low carb dipping sauces (fresh salsa, sugar free ketchup or BBQ, Dijon mustard, aioli, etc.
The broiling rack will allow air to get to the bottom of the tenders and let them get crispier than if they were laying flat on the foil. However, they will still be delicious if you don't have a rack and want to place the tenders directly on the foil, the top will just have more crisp than the bottom.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Note on serving size: The exact number of tenders per pound varies, so just count the number of tenders you have in the 2lbs used in the recipe and divide them into 6 equal portions.
Pin this recipe to your easy dinner idea Pinterest boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.
These were so good! My new go-to recipe!