How about some easy Halloween Vampire Bark to start off the season of all thinks sweet and spooky? Making bark is so easy - you'd have to try really hard to mess it up.
I wanted to create a vampire bark that was bloody delicious. I added some shards of white chocolate to the top to represent the "fangs" and then used two layers of chocolate and melting wafers. The bottom layer has some chopped pecans added in, because why not?
My almost 5-year old looked at this and said: "Mommy, chocolate is NOT supposed to bed red!" But he ate it anyway, teehee.
The chocolate should stay set at a cool room temperature, but I recommend storing the leftovers in the fridge to keep it nice 'n snappy. Enjoy!Print
Spooky Vampire Bark
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 5 oz. black candy melts
- 5 oz. dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 5 oz. red candy melts
- 2 TBS white chocolate chips, chopped into smaller pieces to resemble fangs and bone chips
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine black candy melts and dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (Pyrex measuring cups are great). Heat the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring well after each one, until fully melted.
- Transfer the chocolate to the prepared baking sheet and use a nonstick spatula to spread it out into approximately a 9x13 rectangle. Sprinkle nuts on top and press down lightly. Place the pan in the freezer to set up. Wait 15 minutes, and then begin the next step.
- Repeat the melting process with the red candy melts in a clean microwave safe bowl. Once melted, remove the sheet pan from the freezer and pour the red chocolate over the first layer. Use a nonstick spatula to spread it out, and then sprinkle the white chocolate pieces on top.
- Freeze until set. Break into pieces of desired size.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer to keep chocolate nice and firm.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Did you like this recipe or would you like to try it? Pin this post so you don't forget it, and please share it with your friends!
Say Something About This Post: