I realize I push the limits on pumpkin spice craziness when I post two pumpkin-y recipes in a row, but these are just so delicious that I couldn’t resist!
I love a good shortcut recipe for saving time. These bars use Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix as the crust. Using the mix as a crust creates a sturdy base full of fall flavor that cuts into nice, neat, pretty bars. The mix also includes a mix for a spiced vanilla glaze which is the perfect finish to this treat.
The creamy bars are a perfect combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake – they will disappear fast!
But if you want to keep them around, these bars freeze beautifully. Just cut them up into individual squares, wrap each square in plastic wrap, and then tuck them into a big Ziploc bag. Set them out on the counter for a couple of hours before you’re ready to eat them. We’ve also had luck zapping them in the microwave at 20% power at 15 second intervals to soften them up more quickly.
|Glazed Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars|| || |
- 1 box Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix, dough and glaze prepared per the instructions
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Press the prepared cookie dough into the bottom of the dish, creating an even layer.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and eggs and mix until combined. Add the flour, spice, and salt and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie dough base and bake for 25-45 minutes or until mixture is set. Allow to cool to almost room temperature on the counter and then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Drizzle prepared spiced vanilla glaze over the bars, cut into squares, and serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator
Pumpkin Spice Baking Mix Giveaway!
Krusteaz is offering one of our readers this awesome prize pack of pumpkin spice baking mix goodies! One randomly chosen winner will receive:
– a variety of Krusteaz pumpkin spice baking mixes including cookies, quick bread, and muffins
– a set of cute fall-themed cookie stampers
– a nonstick spatula
– a “Pumpkin Everything” coffee mug
Use the widget below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.