Why make your own homemade pancake mix, when buying it at the store is easy and relatively cheap? One reason may be that you’re trying to reduce the amount of preservatives or other unnecessary added ingredients of such premade products.
Another reason may be that you are tucked into your home on a Saturday morning and you’re really feelin’ some quick, no fuss pancakes. Having this mix on hand – or whipping it up on the fly – can have fluffy pancakes on your plate in 10 minutes or less.
This pancake mix uses 6 simple ingredients, most or all of which may already be in your pantry. When you’re ready to make pancakes, just add water, heat up your skillet, and you’re in business.
You can add any of your favorite additions such as chocolate chips, nuts, dried or fresh fruit, or even flavored extracts. This is such a handy mix to have on hand in your kitchen! Enjoy!
|Homemade Just Add Water Pancake Mix|| |
- ¾ cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBS baking powder
- 1 TBS baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Discard when the expiration date on the milk powder has passed.
- To make pancakes, melt a small amount of butter (or use cooking spray) on a griddle or on a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine 1 cup of dry mix with ¾ cup of water and ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional) and stir until combined. Pour a small amount of mix (about ¼ cup) or enough to create 4-5 inch pancakes into the skillet. (you'll probably get around 5-7 small pancakes from this amount of mix)
- If using any additions such as chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc, sprinkle them onto each pancake.
- When bubbles form on the surface, flip pancakes over and cook 1-2 minutes more.
Do you like this recipe and want to be able to find it later? Please consider pinning it to your Pinterest boards! Thank you so much for visiting my lil’ blog here.