This is one of many versions of the classic, easy shortcut cheese dip using seasoned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, and a can of Rotel.
It’s a definite crowd-pleaser and perfect to make for parties. You can easily double the recipe to feed more people.
After cooking and seasoning the beef, everything gets thrown into the slow cooker until it melts into warm, cheesy goodness. Done and done.
You can serve this dip with tortilla chips, or to keep the carbs lower you can try dipping with baby carrots, cauliflower florets, celery sticks, or pork rinds. Enjoy!
|Slow Cooker Cheesy Taco Beef Queso Dip|| |
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16oz block classic Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can mild diced green chiles and tomatoes (I use Rotel), drained - can use spicy instead
- In a nonstick skillet, brown the beef until no pink remains while using the spatula to cut into small pieces. Drain well.
- Mix in the water and taco seasoning. Transfer seasoned beef into the slow cooker with the Velveeta cubes and can of diced green chiles.
- Cook on low, stirring frequently as the cheese melts, 1-2 hours or until cheese is completely melted and dip is nice and warm. Turn slow cooker to low to keep the dip warm while serving.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips. To keep the carbs lower, dip with raw baby carrots, cut celery sticks, cauliflower florets, or pork rinds.
Pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.