White chocolate with raspberry are killer as a pair, and I was in the mood for some soft, gooey blondies that incorporated both of those flavors.
Knowing that I wanted these suckers to remain soft on the inside, I chose to start with a baked graham cracker crust on the bottom to offer some structure and allow them to be cut into cleaner slices.
Next comes the blondie batter which has melted white chocolate incorporated into the whole thing. Yummy.
Before going into the oven, seedless raspberry jam is swirled on top and then the whole thing is sprinkled with additional white chocolate chips, because why not?
The bars are baked in such as way that causes the edges and top to become a pretty golden brown with a slight crunch to the crust.
The insides, however, stay sooo soft and gooey, just sturdy enough to be able to cut them apart once they have been completely cooled (or chilled in the fridge).
I tested these out on my parents (my dad is a pretty picky eater) and they LOVED them!Print
Gooey Chewy White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- ⅔ cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 TBS melted butter
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (generous) seedless raspberry jam
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and brown sugar until fully combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a light metal 8x8 baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes until crust is golden and fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and ½ of the white chocolate chips in a microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring after each one. When chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth, remove from microwave and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the cooled butter and white chocolate mixture and then add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter on top of the cooled graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Heat the raspberry jam in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds, just enough so that it can be easily spooned and stirred. Allow to cool for a minute, and then spoon random dollops over the top of the blondie batter. Pull a butter knife through the batter in straight lines to create a swirl. Sprinkle the top with the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and the batter is mostly set in the center when jiggled slightly. The toothpick test will not work on this recipe as the center is meant to stay somewhat gooey. Allow the finished bars to cool completely before cutting. You may refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm them up and allow for cleaner cuts.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Oh my gosh, these look amazing. Love the graham cracker crust, too- what an awesome idea! Can't wait to them out!
Thanks, Karly! Let me know if you give 'em a try!