Mastering the art of making fish is extremely satisfying. That tender flaky goodness, an endless possibility of flavors, and the fact that fish is low carb, low calorie, and just so darn healthy for you! This baked whitefish covered in a crusty Parmesan sauce is easy to throw together on a weeknight and is ready in no time!
You can use any kind of mild-flavored whitefish that you have available to you - cod, tilapia, pollock, haddock, etc are all great choices.
Serving Suggestion: Due to the parmesan, the topping on the fish is nice and salty and will pair well with a bed of rice or mashed potatoes to balance everything out.Print
Low Carb Baked Parmesan Whitefish
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 TBS plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped (or ¼ tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- A pinch of onion powder
- 2lbs (32oz) whitefish fillets (cod, tilapia, pollock, etc)
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan, butter, yogurt, lemon juice, basil, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Preheat oven to Broil. Grease a large baking sheet or line with aluminum foil and arrange the fish fillets in a single layer. Broil for a couple of minutes, flip the fish over, and broil for another couple of minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread with the Parmesan mixture. Broil until the mixture begins to brown and the fish is done, flaking easily with a fork. Be very careful not to overcook the fish.
- Serve on a bed of rice or mashed potatoes with steamed vegetables.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Pin this recipe to your low carb boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the image that pops up.
Say Something About This Post: